Thursday, April 30, 2009

Getting ticked off....

April through November is tick season in New England. What disgusting little parasites ticks are! I have just had the unpleasant task of removing one from my cat. I was tickling him (no pun intended) around the neck when I felt a small lump. On close inspection I realized it was an engorged tick. Gross or what! After reading up on what to do on t'internet, I removed it using tweezers and dropped it into a cup of Absolut Vodka to kill it (not a bad way to go really). Then I flushed it down the toilet.

Cat didn't seem to be bothered at all. But I can't stop scratching now imagining ticks all over me. I was going to post a picture of an engorged tick with this article, but decided it was just too gross and I didn't want to see it whenever I visited my blog. Yuk!

No comments:

Post a Comment