Saturday, April 11, 2009

Going, going...


This past week I have been trying to lose a bit of weight in preparation for my vacation next week in Arizona. I originally planned to start this about 2 months ago, but as normal, when I tell myself I want to lose some weight I start to eat like crazy and end up putting it on. Last week I got on the scales and decided enough was enough, I had to get a grip of my eating.
So for a week I have been eating only low carb stuff, eg. eggs, low fat cheese, tuna, salads, fruit, fruit and more fruit, yogurts, chicken, etc. This is the only diet that works for me, and it does seem to work fast. I don't limit how much I eat, only the types of food I eat. After the first couple of days my appetite decreases substantially, I no longer crave chocolate and sweet things, and I can go for a long time between meals without feeling hungry at all. So the amount of food tends to take care of itself.

I lost 4 pounds this week. So far so good, but its early days and with Easter tomorrow and vacation next week the chances of me keeping this up are small to zero. Still, its nice to know I can do it if I put my mind to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment