Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Wales here we come (eventually)!


Well, after much trial and error, I finally managed to book flights to the UK last night. It was particularly tricky because I needed tickets for the kids 'on their own' first, followed by tickets for us a couple of weeks later, and didn't want to take the chance that I would book one set, only to then find that there were no seats left for the other set. Bit of a stretch for the website but I did get it to work by using 2 laptops simultaneously. Rick Wakeman, eat your heart out.

The plan is for the kids to go back to the UK with my parents, when they fly back after visiting us in July. Then Tony and I get two and a half whole weeks of kid-free living! What will we do with all that time? All that peace! No clothes to pickup off the floor, no arguments to intercept, no lunch boxes to make, no chaotic routine at bedtime getting PJs on and cleaning teeth....the list is endless! And what about the weekends! We could go somewhere nice where only adults are allowed! Woo-hoo!


Having said all that, I don't think I've ever been away from them for that long before. It may be too quiet without them, I will only have Tony to talk to (oh no!). Maybe I should go with the kids on the early flight ....

No comments:

Post a Comment