Monday, April 6, 2009

Details, details...


I read this article in the BBC news today.

A girl has seriously injured her arm after falling through a skylight while jumping over roof tops in St Andrews. The 16-year-old was taken to Ninewells Hospital in Dundee, where her condition was described as stable. It is believed the girl, from Newport-on-Tay, was imitating the extreme sport of Parkour with two boys when she fell in South Street at 2140 BST on Sunday. The girl injured in the latest incident had been staying with her grandmother. Her parents are now travelling back from holidaying down south.

I probably should be ashamed of myself, but I couldn’t help but laugh. Images of someone hopping from roof to roof, and then falling through a skylight could’ve come straight out of a Scooby Doo cartoon. What an idiot!!

But the other thing that caught my eye was that her parents were holidaying ‘down south’. Why was that important to the story? As far as I’m concerned it just begs the question “Where down South”? Are we talking Birmingham, Barcelona or Mumbai?

You can’t just leave the story hanging like that!! Stuff like that matters!!

No comments:

Post a Comment