Monday, September 7, 2009

Hershey's buyout? Snickers to that!




I heard a Wispa today that Kraft foods had made a bid for the UK chocolate maker, Cadbury's and it had been rejected. Hershey's (the US chocolate maker) and Nestle (don't they make baby formula?) are rumoured to be looking at a Double Decker counterbid for Cadbury with Nestle taking gum and Hershey taking chocolate" ..... OMG!!!!!

As my mother will be quick to remind me, I have already blogged in the past about the virtues of UK chocolate and how much I hate Hershey's. But this is of world importance, and this news has pushed all the wrong Buttons with me, so I feel it is my duty to express my opinion once again.

It will be disastrous if the joint Hershey/Nestle consortium buy out Cadbury, because Hershey's chocolate is revolting. Eventually every piece of chocolate sold under the Cadbury name will smell like vomit, and taste worse than that, as Hersheys chocolate does. So if there must be a buyout, my backing goes to Kraft foods. Because they don't have too much of a name in chocolate already, they are more likely to preserve the brand. And from a purely selfish point of view, they are a global company so they will probably make the real Cadbury chocolate bars available in the US, unlike the fake Cadbury bars we get here now, that are actually made by Hersheys. I hope the Hershey's/Nestle bid is Flakey and they Fudge up their offer.

There, I've said my piece. I'm off to order a stack of Crunchies from Amazon as an emergency measure....

No comments:

Post a Comment