Friday, March 27, 2009

Chloe restaurant


Tony and I went out for a meal last night to Chloe's restaurant in Hudson ("sans kids"). This restaurant calls itself an American Bistro, and is a cut above the usual fare, the menu is changed regularly and contains some very unusual dishes as well as the usual steaks etc. They have been around for some years now, and I have spent quite a few evenings with my friends pouring wine down my neck and putting the world to rights. However last night was a bit quieter with just the two of us, but equally as enjoyable.
We both had New England cod cakes to start (fresh cod, salt cod and potatoes with a sour cream tartar sauce.) Tony followed his with a Steak Frite (Grilled Bistro Steak with Gorgonzola Butter, Homemade French Fries, Haricot Verts) and I had something created by their chef which was essentially like meatloaf stuffed with gorgonzola and wrapped in puff pastry. It was really good but I was so full I coouldn't eat dessert. Bad planning I think!

This was the first time we have been out for the evening without the kids and without having to get a babysitter. We expected to find them throwing household articles at each other when we got back, but they were tucked up in bed watching TV. Another milestone I think; now we can go back to having a life of our own, at least a couple of times a month...

No comments:

Post a Comment