Thursday, March 12, 2009

Would you Adam and Eve it?!

Its amazing really. Neither Tony nor I are religious, yet Robert has developed an interest in the stories of the Bible. I think its because some of it is being mentioned in history class ("social studies" as they call it nowadays). I used to learn all this stuff in school, either in RE class or at the daily school assembly. Since the schools stopped teaching religion for fear of offending someone, there is no way children can learn unless parents teach them. So I bought him a book which retells the main bible events/stories, and he seems pretty interested in it. I was surprised how many of the stories I knew - those bible readings at Assembly must have done its job. Or was it watching "The Ten Commandments" with Charlton Heston that did it?

No comments:

Post a Comment