Sunday, July 25, 2010

To pay or not to pay?


My latest airline gripe is with US Airways. When you checkin online with US Airways, you can be automatically assigned a seat, or you can pay for a "choice seat" - a better seat which you select. The automatically assigned seats are in the middle of a row of three, you can pay $15 for the privilege of sitting in a window or aisle seat.
So I did this...selected a window seat for $15.
I was mad as hell when I found out that this particular window seat did not recline due to the fact that it was the row in front of the exit row. Don't you think it would be nice if US Airways had mentioned this fact prior to taking my money?

On the return flight there were no "free seats" available for online checkin - I had 2 options. I could either wait until I got to the airport and get a seat assigned, or I could pay $15 for the choice seats which were available. The choice seats were all middle seats! I don't get it! I could pay nothing with the chance that I would be assigned a middle seat at the airport, but possibly it could be a window or aisle, or I could pay $15 to ensure I got a middle seat!!! Ummm, let me think on that for a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment