Friday, October 30, 2009

TGIF


One of the unpleasant things about this time of year is the fact that it gets dark so early. Its pitch black by 6pm, and it almost feels as if its the end of the day once the curtains are closed. This doesn't bother me so much during the week - I'm usually asleep on the sofa not long after dinner. But on a Friday I am not ready to end my day quite so soon.

One of the things that help me extend my Friday is the ability to shop anytime of the night or day. After a hard week at work, I really didn't feel like cooking tonight. So we went to IHOP (International House of Pancakes) for dinner, then spent a pleasant few hours shopping. We went to Borders and browsed at the books while listening to a guy playing the guitar and singing Warren Zevon "Werewolves of London". We went to the Home Depot and looked at the Christmas trees and ornaments, then we finished up in Target looking at just about everything from cat food to musical instruments. Back home by 9pm in time for a beer and a movie. Not anything that remarkable, except that it was nice not to feel rushed, or having to look at my watch to see if the store was waiting to close up. Very relaxing.

No comments:

Post a Comment