Sunday, October 25, 2009

Recession? What recession?

We are supposedly in the middle of "bad times", a recession. Nobody has any money, everyone is miserable and wearing muted shades of grey, its raining everyday...

As far as I can tell there is no recession in the professional service industry, electricians, plumbers etc . Having spent the last 2 months unsuccessfully trying to get someone to come and run some gas piping from my furnace to my fireplace, I can only assume that everyone is so fed up with the recession that they are having gas fires installed so they can huddle around them in their scratchy blankets and wait for good times to return.

I am told that people are choosing to remodel rather than move because its cheaper, and that is why the service industry is booming. Its funny, when we were in a booming economy it seemed you couldn't get a plumber, electrician etc because their business was booming with people having work done on their house! The consumer can't win. A work collegue's son is a plumber and he lives in a million dollar home. I know what I would be if I had my time over.

No comments:

Post a Comment