Saturday, March 16, 2013

A short interlude

Its been so long since I wrote a blog entry that Google have changed the interface. I hope I can work it out and this comes out OK.

What inspired me to start this up again?  My cousins wife actually. Their son is undergoing a bone marrow transplant to treat a disease called 'CGD' (Chronic Gramalomatus Disorder), which is a genetic blood disease. CGD means that his immune system doesn't work properly. The cure is to undergo a bone marrow transplant, and it turned out that his older brother was a perfect match. So my cousin has his two sons in University College Hospital in London. His wife decided to start a blog to document their progress which meant everybody could get the latest status, without them being overwhelmed with emails, phonecalls etc. 

It made me realize how much good there can be in blogging, especially when you have friends and family that are some distance away. Its not just a vehicle for commenting on the latest TV shows, fashions, people or for venting about lifes frustrations. It has become an important communication media in the 21st century.

Having said that, do I have something life-changing to blog about. The answer is No, and I don't expect I will either! Hopefully nothing as traumatic as my cousin anyway! I will attempt to document the mundane as per usual, and if you find something of interest then all well and good. And if you don't, theres always the BBC News website instead.


No comments:

Post a Comment