Sunday, February 20, 2011

I used to be indecisive; now I'm not so sure

We are about to get our bathroom remodeled, so I've started looking at faucets (taps), sinks and tiles. After just one day of looking I am already going into overload. Faucets come in chrome, pewter, gold, brass, stainless steel, bronze, white or copper finishes. They can be contemporary, modern, rustic, traditional, transitional or Victorian with one or two cross, knob or lever handles. Sinks can be under-mounted, pedestal, self-rimming or vessel, made of ceramic, glass, copper, bamboo, steel or bronze and can be shaped round, oval, square or rectangular in every color you can think of including 5 shades of white. And as for tiles! Where do I begin? Whole showrooms full of tiles, 500 of which are in varying shades of beige.
I will probably look at an endless array of fixtures, agonize over near-identical tiles, bring multiple samples home to view in different lights, then end up choosing a white oval sink with traditional chrome taps and a beige tile. Can't go wrong with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment