Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Class reunion


My old High School is having a reunion in April. Unfortunately I will not be able to attend as I will be on travel with my job. I'm not sure if that is a blessing or not. Reunions are a strange thing. They are frightening and fascinating all at the same time. I do know that they are probably the most effective diet incentive you will ever have!

I went to one about 15 years ago. It was actually held in our old school, which was a very odd feeling indeed. Standing in our old sixth form common room drinking beer, talking to people who look vaguely familiar, but are really strangers. The funny thing is, each of us knows that we are not the same person that attended school all those years ago, yet we all judge each other based on that memory. The boy who used to tease the girls, the class bitch, the stud....they are all there in the room with you, and even though they have become the lawyer, the teacher and the doting father, you can't help but see them as they were. School reunions....you either love them or you hate them. Having said that, I'm on the fence :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment