Thursday, February 26, 2009

Editors

At the risk of sounding a little bit "Uncle Bryn", I have been listening to a very good group called Editors. Apart from my parents, I am probably the only person reading this blog who had not heard of them. Earlier this week my brother-in-law Martin bought me a CD called The Back Room by the aforementioned band. After listening to it a couple of times in the car on my way to/from work I have to say I am quite impressed, especially with the first few tracks on the CD. After googling a bit and browsing iTunes, I realized that they've been around for quite a few years and are a kind of Indie Rock band who take their inspiration from, amongst others, Joy Division (remember them!). I'm surprised I haven't heard of them until now - maybe they haven't made it big in America, or maybe I'm just getting old and out of touch.....

Click on the link to watch a video off YouTube:










1 comment: