Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Corrie notes


I am a huge fan of Coronation Street, the British soap opera set in the North of England. I have been watching it since 1978. It was first shown on British TV in 1960 making it the longest running soap opera on TV. When I moved to the US in 1997, I was very disappointed to learn that Coronation Street was not available on any TV station. I had to make do with catchup emails sent by some devoted fan. Soon afterwards, these were moved to a website, where screenshots were added. Last year, my computer geek of a husband (bless him!) discovered a website where you can the latest episodes of Coronation Street, and also found a way of viewing it on the TV. So now I can watch it from the comfort of my own sofa, at more or less the same time as it is aired in the UK (due to 5 hr time difference!). Isn't technology wonderful?

No comments:

Post a Comment