So...what to say about the riots that have occurred in England over the past few days. A few thoughts and my message to these rioters...
(note: my opinion only, I realize that many others think differently. Don't complain to me about what I think, its my blog and I'll say what I like on it. If you don't like it, create your own blog and express your opinion there):
- you have no real grievance, you are just looking for the chance to loot shops and get free goods
- OK, so its sad that you cannot get a job. Boo Hoo. Life is hard...but there are many unemployed who don't feel the need to riot and steal to express their discontent. Stop dressing this up..you are just a thug. You are not starving or living on the streets. You are nice and warm in your hoodie and you are a thug.
- The chances of getting work are increased if you have qualifications or skills. Don't complain that you cannot get a decent job when you could not be bothered to work hard at school to get qualifications that would've helped you.
- You complain that jobs are being taken by immigrants. But lets look at the immigrants from eastern europe. They want to work and they will do whatever they can to get a job. They don't whine about their lot in life..they get off their backsides and do something about it. They will start work before the sun comes up to serve breakfast in a hotel, they will clean windows, they will do whatever it takes to earn an honest wage. Who would you prefer to employ? The youth with a chip on his shoulder and an "I'm entitled" attitude, or the hardworking immigrant willing to do whatever job is available ?
- And what about the parents of these thugs? They know that their kids are going out on the street at night with their hoodie wrapped around their faces. They know that they come back with goods that they could never afford. Don't they have a responsibility in all of this? Or are parents nowadays so ineffective that all they do is all sit around in a group holding hands discussing their feelings and singing kumbaya....
- And lastly, I have to comment on the British police force, I am not a supporter of guns, but these riots have proved just how ineffective they are with their truncheons and polite warnings. They need to be given more power. This cannot continue. It is shameful for Britain and for the millions of decent people who live there who unfortunately will be tarred by the same broad brush as these thugs.