Wednesday, January 12, 2011

January Blizzard


It would be an understatement to say we had a bit of snow today. I am not sure I have ever seen a bigger snowfall. It started last night and at 3:30pm is still going strong. About 2 feet has fallen so far, it took the 4 of us around 2 hours to clear the driveway, with the snow-blower frequently getting blocked up and freezing over. The cats don't quite know what to make of it all -  we put a footstool by the patio door so they could see out over the mound of snow on the deck. The lump on the deck in the first photo is the snow on top of a table on the deck.

The state has issued frequent requests for people not to travel unless its essential, so they can get on with their snow removal on the major roads. Thousands of homes have lost power, thankfully we are not one of them. I don't mind one big snowfall per year. and I'm hoping that this is it now. I'm convinced that Summer must be just around the corner...if I could only peek around that 20ft mound of snow I may be able to see it.

No comments:

Post a Comment